Chogoria hospital is situated on the eastern slopes of Mt. Kenya, 200 km from Nairobi, in Maara district. The Hospital was established in 1922 by Scottish missionaries. It is currently owned and managed by the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. Administratively, the Hospital has three main departments: the main hospital, Community Health and Clive Irvine College of Nursing. The Hospital’s capacity is 312-beds and focuses on the provision of Curative, Preventive and Promotive health care services in the greater Meru and the surrounding areas of Embu, Mbeere, Isiolo and Marsabit districts. It also serves as a referral and teaching hospital. The hospital runs a palliative care program which targets the terminally ill patients (HIV and Cancers). Care is extended to patient’s homes.
Address: PCEA Chogoria Hospital, PO Box 35, Chogoria, 60401
Contact person: Leonard Gitonga
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone: +254-64-226-20 , +254 720640495