As preparations for World Hospice and Palliative Care Day and Voices for Hospices are gaining momentum, 132 events have been submitted by hospice and palliative care organizations across the globe.
The theme is: ‘Universal Health Coverage and Palliative Care – Don’t leave those suffering behind!’ Remember to add your event to the interactive world map on the Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA) website.
You can find out more about World Hospice and Palliative Care Day on the WHPCA website.
Resources available from the WHPCA website include:
- Key messages
- Letter of support from Dr Stephen R Connor, WHPCA Executive Director, to organizers of World Hospice and Palliative Care Day and Voices for Hospices events
- Model letter to governments.
The toolkit includes a handy social media guide, including World Hospice and Palliative Care Day draft tweets.
Blog posts by WHPCA staff are scheduled for publication on the EAPC blog and IAHPC newsletter, and look out for a special article on ehospice.
Coinciding with World Hospice and Palliative Care Day are:
- the 8th Salzburg Question,
- the release of the Lancet Commission Report “Alleviating the Access Abyss in Palliative Care and Pain Relief: an imperative of universal health coverage,”
- Hats On for Children’s Palliative Care
- the release of the film Hippocratic: 18 Experiments in Gently Shaking the World, by Moonshine Movies.