KEHPCA held its 1st Palliative Care conference on 20th-21st November 2008 at Sarova Panafric Hotel. The conference was successful and was attended by 156 delegates both national and international. Hon. Danson Mungatana, Assistant Minister for Medical Services was the Chief Guest. He acknowledged that there was no government policy on Palliative Care and challenged stakeholders to come up with one and present it to his ministry so that lobbying for it’s support can begin. Also in attendance were Palliative Care providers and stakeholders within Kenya. The theme of the conference was ‘Palliative Care as a Human Right: Relief from Pain and Suffering’.
- PPEs are Important for Health Care Workers in the Fight against COVID-19
- Nyeri County to Train over 2,500 Volunteers on Palliative Care
- Experts want NHIF to Cover End-of-Life Care
- Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association Announces Kenya’s Goodwill Ambassador for Palliative Care
- Launch of Nanyuki Teaching and Referral Hospital Cancer Clinic