Join the Team!
Want to work with us?
For years, KEHPCA has been at the forefront of delivering Quality services to their patients.
KEHPCA has a team of passionate and committed employees who are working tirelessly to achieve quality palliative care for all in Kenya. If you share our vision, please feel free to give your input. You are welcome to come help us rethink and put into action better ways to support persons living with palliative care needs (PLWPCN).
May 31, 2022
LIAISON OFFICER POSITION
Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association (KEHPCA) is the umbrella body for hospice and palliative care in Kenya. KEHPCA’s mission is to promote and support acceptable, accessible, and affordable quality Palliative Care for individuals and families through member revitalization and development, education and awareness creation, and multi-sectoral advocacy for the advancement of palliative care in Kenya. Our vision is Quality Palliative Care for All in Kenya.
KEHPCA is looking for a Liaison Officer to join its team. We are looking for a creative person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, organised and motivated to harness the power of people engagement to support the advancement of KEHPCA’S Mission, Vision, and Strategic Pillars. The Liaison Officer will support the development and implementation of our communications strategy and take the lead in the member revitalization and development pillar of our strategic plan for 2022-2026. The applicant should be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree with experience in communication, liaison, and similar roles.
Job Title: Liaison Officer (Full-Time position, one-year renewable contract on basis of availability of funds and performance)
Reports to: Director of Programmes. Other fundamental relations: Executive Director and Administrative & Finance Director
Responsible for: Taking the lead in the development and implementation of KEHPCA’s Communication Strategy and the member revitalization and development pillar of our strategic plan for 2022-2026.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Social Work, and related courses with at least 1-year experience in communication, liaison and similar roles.
The Liaison Officer will be responsible for generating a consistent suite of communications that will engage diverse audiences with KEHPCA and with palliative care as a discipline. The key performing areas include: develop and support the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of KEHPCA’s communications strategy; develop and implement the member revitalization and development pillar of KEHPCA’S 2022-2026 strategic plan and build and help maintain KEHPCA’s brand and corporate image and ensure consistent interpretation across all communications. More details are included in the Job description. The duty station will be in Nairobi with travel to the Counties.
Interested candidates to send their CV and application, quoting expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to the Executive Director by Wednesday, 15th June 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR LIAISON OFFICER POSITION – KEHPCA
1 DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1.1 To develop and support the implementation and monitoring and Evaluation of KEHPCA’s
communications strategy. These include the following activities:
- a) Lead the development and implementation and monitoring of communications st
- b) Coordinate content development of communications materials for KEHPCA’S audiences and online platforms including the KEHPCA website, the Kenya edition of e hospice, and social media platform
- c) Contribute to corporate publications (g. Annual Report)
- d) Oversee the production of high-quality communications materials to help build the KEHPCA brand. e) Manage a communications resource base (including images, testimonials, videos) to form the
building blocks of communications for KEHPCA.
- f) Contribute to fundraising initiatives through grant writing and revenue-generating initiatives through development of fundraising materials for campaigns, events, and funding initiatives for KEHPCA.
- g) Edit written documents provided by partners in accordance with the KEHPCA style guid
- h) Provide organisational support for data asset management systems including management of photo cataloging, contact databases
1.2 To develop and implement the pillar on member revitalization and development of KEHPCA’S
2022–2026 strategic plan
- a) Implement the membership strategy
- b) Liaise with the Administrative Officer to manage the membership program for KEHPCA.
- c) Communicate effectively with all KEHPCA members and partners, keeping them informed about about KEHPCA activities and palliative care issues in Kenya
- d) Conduct regular member audience assessments for their needs, expectations and feedback
- e) Develop strong regular two-way internal and external communications channels within KEHPCA, its existing and potential members to encourage their active participation in the work of KEHPCA
- f) Solicit information and stories from partners to use in KEHPCA communication
1.3 To build and help maintain KEHPCA’s brand and corporate image, ensuring consistent interpretation across all communications.
- a) Oversee public relations functions, ensuring that KEHPCA’s public face consistently reflects the organisation’s core values and brand values.
- b) Liaise with media and undertake public relations (PR) activities to increase KEHPCA’s general profile and promote specific advocacy messages.
- c) Lead and coordinate KEHPCA’S internal and external events
- d) Guide the development of communications (materials and publicity) for major KEHPCA events, e.g. conferences, World Hospice, and Palliative Care D
1.4 To carry out other duties as requested by the line manager and other senior managers.
- 2. CORE SKILLS
2.1 Outstanding written and oral communication skills
2.2 Understanding of brand building, communication across multimedia platforms, and social media engagement
2.3 Demonstrated experience in writing for the media (both print and online)
2.4 Ability to take core ideas and repackage them in a compelling way for different audiences
2.5 Experience in working on the communications production process, e.g. with designers, printer
2.6 Ability to network and develop a range of communications partners
2.7 Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Office, Publisher, Teams, and other communication tools
2.8 Familiar with use of social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok
- 3. PERSONAL QUALITIES
3.1 A motivated self-starter, reliable, and able to work with minimum supervision as well as in a team
3.2 Shares KEHPCA’s values and will be passionate about KEHPCA’s work and that of its members
3.3 Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
3.4 Ability to be flexible and work with agreed timelines
3.5 Able to show initiative and willing to develop new skills on-the-job
– KEHPCA 2022 –