As 2013 comes to a close, Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association (KEHPCA) would like to wish our Donors, members, supporters and well wishers a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year 2014.
KEHPCA together with the members and all supporters has made significant progress and highly appreciates the support.
Most events were covered on the Kenya edition ehospice, an online global palliative care news website and KEHPCA appreciates you for reading our news and even going an extra mile to contribute stories for publication.
Some of your contribution in terms of stories include;
- Partnership between Varsity and Coast Hospice
- 82 Golfers at Nyeri Hospice Tournament
- I will pursue palliative care after losing mum to cancer – Tamara’s story
- Working together to help kids at KNH
- Hope to live after cancer
- Palliative care needs right attention, asserts Dr John Weru
- The Power of Palliative Care and many more.
Stories on hospice and palliative care events including trainings are highlighted below;
- Spirit of hospice support shown at Kimbilio Marathon
- Driving the golf ball for Nyeri Hospice
- Valentine’s Day for Hospice patients
- Palliative Care steps into Prison
- Community HCWs trained in Palliative Care
Some of the milestones made in palliative care in Kenya were covered in the following stories;
- Ministry of Health launches National Palliative Care Documents
- KMTC launches a Higher Diploma in Palliative Care
- Ministry of Health launches the Kenya National Patients’ Rights Charter
- Ministry of Health and KEHPCA Executive Director bag award
The mainstream media also helped us reach more audience by covering the following palliative care stories;
- Health Ministry embraces palliative care to curb chronic diseases West FM website
- Kenya Sets Palliative Care Standards Science Africa
- Myths that keep Kenyans from hospices The People Daily
- Macharia urges Kenyans to go for health checkups The Star newspaper
- Palliviate Health Care KTN
- Helping the sick is my business EVE in The Standard Daily
From the KEHPCA Board and Secretariat; Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year 2014.